Natural colouring guide via.
Archive for the ‘Edibles’ Category
A tasty, very neat shortbread we had in Paris. From the lovely Liberté.
By the Sheffield University Maths Society. Link here.
A flower jelly, an ice cream chandelier. Standard desserts from Tim Walker.
Our friends Mary & Matt have made some new chocolate bars in very nice wrappers.
A revised collection of the modernist gingerbread houses currently on the world wide web. The Trellick Tower is amazing, we also love the use of Polo mints for the concrete trellis. Good work.
Pics via Inhabitat, Hometta, Boom & Boy, Vitra & Agnes Lloyd Platt.
Via Gather Journal & Artful Desperado.
For the meringues:
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of melted Nutella (place in double boiler until soft and runny)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar (optional)
For the compote:
- 1 pound of fresh sour cherries (frozen if you can’t find fresh)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
For the whipped cream:
- 250ml of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 drops of vanilla extract